Consumers already use in-car voice assistants extensively and this is only going to surge:
• Consumers use in-car voice assistants mainly for playing music, navigation, and making phone calls.
• 24/7 availability and reduction in effort while interacting with the brand are the top reasons for preferring
• Three years from now, nearly 95% of consumers are expected to use conversational assistants, including voice assistants, to access information in their cars.
• In three years, voice will likely become the preferred medium of interaction over direct visits to dealerships or ordering products online.
• Despite the convenience and increasing use of voice assistants, three out of five consumers say that automotive organizations need to improve the overall experience.
Voice assistants provide automotive organizations with a great opportunity to enhance the customer experience
• Three in four consumers would use the voice assistant more frequently provided they have a good experience.
• 62% of consumers prefer using a single integrated voice service across their vehicle, home, and mobile device.
• 37% of consumers are willing to pay a premium or a monthly fee for a voice subscription in their cars and another 48% would consider doing so in the future.
• While automotive organizations realize the importance
of voice assistants for customer engagement, they overestimate their voice capabilities. For instance, 81%
of industry executives believe that their assistants understand people’s needs and preferences, but only 59%of consumers agree.
Automotive organizations should focus on three major areas to deliver a superior experience
– Educate users on skill discovery, skill search, and layer in visuals to improve recommendations.
– Assuage consumer concerns about privacy by being transparent with regard to the data collected and how it is used.
– Earn trust by improving the experience of commonly used functionalities before providing a gamut of complex features.
– Ensure that the features are tested at a granular level and for each micro-segment.
– Provide consumers the option to customize their voice assistants.
– Develop contextual relevance over time
– Integrate the functionalities of in-car and
– Build an ecosystem with other players to offer